Attention STC students,
Today, the Premier’s Office announced that the province of Ontario is now under a ‘State of Emergency’ in response to the emergence of COVID-19. As a result, all 3 campuses of Skilled Trades College will be closed to students, until March 31. We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any updates as they occur.
We understand this news is sudden, and that you likely have many questions on how these closures will impact you and/or your family. Please visit the Public Health Ontario website:https://www.publichealthontario.ca/
Tips to prevent the spread of the virus
Ontario Public Health has shared the following tips to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, such as novel coronavirus:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid other people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Consult your physician if you have any concerns.
- Residents who return from recent international travel with history of travel to affected areas and become ill with respiratory signs and symptoms such as fever and cough should report their travel history to any health professional or emergency department staff when they visit.
We appreciate your ongoing patience during this evolving, unprecedented event. Please stay healthy and safe during this difficult time.