SCHOLARSHIP GIVEAWAY RULES:
1. Timing – The Skilled Trades College of Canada (STC) scholarship giveaway begins on Monday May 13th, 2019 at 00:01 hours and ends Saturday June 13th, 2019 at 12:00 hours. The STC website is an official time keeping device for the scholarship giveaway. All applicants must fill out the application on the website for this event. All entries must specify why they are deserving of the scholarship opportunity. STC will announce the scholarship awards on June 25th, 2019 at 13:00 hours at 231 Rowntree Dairy Road, Vaughan, ON, L4L 8B8.
2. Eligibility – The STC scholarship giveaway is open to those applicants:
• that are 18+ years old,
• must be a resident of Canada and hold a Canadian citizenship document,
• and must have a grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or the equivalent.
• This giveaway is voided outside the jurisdiction listed above.
• It is the responsibility of the recipient(s) to have their own mode of transportation to and from the school.
• Employees of Skilled Trades College of Canada or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies of the giveaway, and their immediate family (spouse, parents, step-parents, siblings, step-siblings, children, and step-children) and/or household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. Recipients of the scholarship giveaway will be hand selected by the scholarship committee. These recipients will be notified on June 25th, 2019 at 13:00 hours. Applicants can only enter once. Applicants can only enter on their own behalf. At no point will anyone from STC be contacting the applicants for any payment information. Applicants may be required to attend an interview process. Scholarships are not available to individuals that have already been accepted as students or are in the process of being accepted to the programs. Winning a scholarship is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Sponsorship and Administration – Sponsor: Skilled Trades College of Canada operating as STC, 231 Rowntree Dairy Road, Vaughan, ON, L4L 8B8). Administrator: Skilled College of Canada Scholarship Committee.
4. Scholarship Selection – Between the dates of June 14th,2019 to June 24th, 2019, the scholarship selection committee consisting of Ralph Cerasuolo, Mike Di Donato, and Tony Martella, will go through all applications to determine who the scholarships will be given to. On or about June 25th, 2019 the potential scholarship applicants will be contacted. There will be awarded six (6) scholarships in total. The potential scholarship applicants will also be required to sign and return to the sponsor within two days of receipts an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release in order to claim their scholarship. In the event that a potential scholarship recipient is disqualified for any reason, the sponsor will make another scholarship recipient decision that will be selected from all the applications fulfilled from the applications previously submitted. Sponsors decisions as to the administration and operation of the scholarship giveaway and selection of potential recipients are final and binding in all matters related to the scholarship giveaway.
5. Scholarship – The recipient chosen for the scholarship will be awarded a scholarship to complete one of the following pre-apprentice programs at any one of our campuses at Skilled Trades College of Canada: Intro to Home Renovation, Construction and Maintenance Electrician Pre-Apprentice, Plumber Pre-Apprenticeship. This scholarship has a value of $8,900. The scholarship includes: tuition fees, book fees, uniform and equipment, major equipment, first-aid certifications, and other fees. This scholarship has no cash value. The scholarship is valid for 12 months from date of awarding to the recipient. The scholarship is non-transferable (can only be used by recipient). Scholarship recipients must meet all criteria listed above in order to participate in the STC Pre-Apprentice programs.
6. Scholarship Conditions and Release – By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these official rules and the decision of the sponsor: (b) release and hold harmless the sponsor and each of their representative parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, Skilled Trades College of Canada and any other organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administrating, advertising, or promoting the scholarship giveaway and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from and against any and all claims, complaints, expenses, and liabilities, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defilation, slander, liable, violations of the right of publicity, infringement of trade marks, copy rights or other intellectual property rights, property rights or death or personal injuries arising out of or relating to the recipients entry, creation of the entry or submission of the entry, or participation in the scholarship give away: and (c) identify, defend, and hold harmless the sponsor from and against any and all claims, expenses and liabilities (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or relating to a recipients participation in the scholarship giveaway, use or misuse of the scholarship.